Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awake and Caffeinated

It’s two in the morning and I can’t sleep
Too much coffee, much too late
Too many mugs keeping me awake

Three in the morning, I toss and turn
I close my eyes and count back from ten
Over and Over and Over again,

It’s four in the morning and I still can’t sleep
I lay in bed wide awake
Four O’ Clock and not yet one dream

Hours and Hours,
Collecting Minutes and Minutes,
The Seconds add up and the time grows late

Five in the morning, still not there
Tired in the eyes, tired all around
But then, just then I think I hear some sounds

Five Thirty and now I’m up
Walking the floors, with a light and a bat,
But soon I found the noise was only my cat,

It’s six in the Morning and I’m sound asleep,
Then comes the ringing from the clock,
Onto the kitchen to put on another pot

Awake and caffeinated
There’s no one to blame
Insomnia through my own creation

No comments:

Post a Comment