Friday, March 18, 2011

That's What you Get

Since when did these wings grow flaws?
For so long I’d look down on them all,
And now this instance
There’s so many, they surround,
So quickly these strangers rush,
That’s what you get with kneecaps crushed,

Since when did this red flow free?
For so long it was theirs that captured me,
And now this moment,
Steeped in forgiveness,
There’s so many, they surround,
So quickly these strangers rush,
That’s what you get when veins erupt,

Since when did I care to think of others?
For so long I’ve been numb to such thoughts,
And here this time around,
Such a sense of satisfaction in me now,
There’s only one and she surrounds,
So quickly she reaches out for my touch,
That’s what you get with heartstrings plucked,

Since when did I see in such a haze?
That’s what you get when you fall in love

No comments:

Post a Comment