Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chameleon


I’m not your friend; I’m not your enemy
I’m not your foe; I’m not your family
         I’m but a face
                           In a crowd of many
Chameleon        
                  Blends
Skin  
                  Sheds
Image                         
                  Ends
                                                                        Our paths
May cross
                                                               If I choose them too   
I’m but a face
You might not notice
                  But a face
You won’t forget
I’m not what you think; I tend to live in the shade
I’m not who you suppose I am; I tend to shift and fade
                                   
I’m but a face
In a crowd of few



5 comments:

  1. Nice rhymes, of course I'd pick up on that..haha

    Everyone is a chameleon of sorts to someone, as we all are just another face passed by each day by all those who we barely ever see or take notice.

    Great play on the chameleon blending in, yet it's own entity, not following the crowd, only being seen when it deems purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the structure of the poem that just seems to call you to stop and reflect. This spoke to my "shadow side."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, glad you liked the poem. Of course you'd pick up on the rhymes:) Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the feedback, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria, thanks for the visit, glad you enjoyed the piece. I like the way that sounds, It spoke to your shadow side, that is a wonderful compliment, thank you very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have different skins to wear in different atmospheres... Good Job--thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete