Thursday, June 9, 2011

Steam of Reckoning(Charcoal in the Morning)


Reckon
Reckoned
Reckoning

Some messages speak louder
Some messages speak larger
Some messages speak codes
Some messages speak slower
Some messages speak
Some messages
Some
So

Become
Becoming
Became
Again

Even in a glimmer
A glint will defame her

Even in a glisten
Someone will stop to listen
Despite the gleam in the eye

Despite, not in spite
Despite, not to spite

Leveled
Leveling
Level
Levee breaks
Dam retracts
Tractor
Trails here
Trails her
There
Trailing
Trail
         Beheading the lovely
         Each morning cup tastes blacker
         Reflecting on the work within
         Softening
         Tanning
Taxing
But there she is
As beautiful as she was
In that place
         By the lake
                  Still her eyes look downward
                           Protecting still
                                    Silver copper, whatever it be
                                    Removed
SO perhaps the image on the wall is incomplete
First time I haven’t been able to digest
I love coffee but
I love the taste in my mouth
Yet…
Something this morning,
Perhaps a bad blend,
Perhaps, but maybe
No can’t drink…
I’ll go outside.
                           I love the smell of charcoal in the morning
                           I love the smoke it brings
                           I love the moments before and after

No comments:

Post a Comment